The IFA has funded a scholarship program since 1979; currently the scholarship provides sufficient funds for an individual to attend a training course which covers airworthiness issues.
The rules and working of the scholarship are:
- – The scholarship scheme is open to ALL employees or students of IFA corporate members.
- – Nominations will be asked for annually, a letter will also be written to all CEO/Presidents of IFA corporate members requesting candidates to be forwarded.
- – The IFA awards panel will assess the applications and propose a winner which will be ratified by the IFA Board.
- – The selected winner will receive a certificate and will attend a course at some point during the following 12 months.
- – The scholarship will cover the course fees, accommodation and food for the duration of the course. it will not cover travel to and from the course, additional accommodation, food and pocket money.
- – All winners will be expected to supply IFA with a written technical report of their scholarship experience.